Culinary Production Specialist
The Culinary Production Specialist One-Year Technical Diploma gives students the hands-on skills as well as technical and professional knowledge they need to start a career in the culinary industry within restaurants, catering services, hotels, healthcare facilities and schools. Students are prepared for careers such as Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Broiler Chefs through in class and practical, on-the-job experiences within the local food industry.
- Apply principles of safety and sanitation in food service operations.
- Apply basic principles of nutrition.
- Demonstrate basic culinary skills.
- Assist in food service management.
- Plan menus.
- Explore food service financial information.
Graduates have found employment as
- Prep Cooks/Cooks
- Line Cooks
- Broiler Chefs or Garde Managers
- Sous Chefs
- Executive Chefs or Owner/Operators
|316-104||Food Quantities and Measures||1|
|316-109||Quantity Production of Soups, Salads ,and Dressings||4|
|316-111||Culinary Externship Adv I||4|
|316-147||Food Service Sanitation||2|
|316-112||Culinary Externship Adv II||5|
|316-114||Quantity Production of Entrees, Sauces and Vegetables||4|
|316-136||Catering, Special Events and Contract Food Service||2|