Blackhawk Technical College is authorized to issue I-20s for students attending under F-I visas. However, enrollment of foreign students is based on space availability. BTC is not authorized to issue I-20s to students for the study of the English language or for programs considered high demand. International students are not considered Wisconsin residents and are required to pay out-of-state tuition. Requirements for admission include:
- Application to a credit program.
- TOEFL score of 500 (paper version), 173 (computer version) or 61 (Internet-based version) or better.
- Satisfactory placement test - Accuplacer or ACT.
- Secondary and post-secondary transcripts.
- Financial support verification.
- International student forms.
- Deposit toward tuition for the program in which student seeks to enroll.
- Students wishing to transfer - verification of good academic standing (Grades of C or better and a GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
Issuance of an I-20 is contingent upon meeting all admission requirements.
For additional information, contact the Admission Office at 608-757-7710.