Blackhawk Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC is a regional accreditation agency that accredits degree granting institutions of higher education that are based in the 19-state North Central region of the United States. Institutions that HLC accredits are evaluated against HLC's Criteria for Accreditation, a set of standards that institutions must meet to receive and/or maintain accredited status.
Regional accreditation agencies are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit degree granting colleges and universities. There are six regions of the U.S. in which regional agencies operate. The regional accreditation agencies have similar standards for accrediting colleges and universities.
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street Suite 7-500
Chicago IL 60604-1411
The AQIP Pathway
The Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) is one of three options institutions have for maintaining accreditation with HLC. Like the other pathways, it is focused on quality assurance and institutional improvement, but with an added emphasis on helping institutions achieve continuous quality improvement. The AQIP Pathway follows an eight-year cycle. Blackhawk Technical College was accepted into AQIP on December 15, 2005.
For more information about AQIP at BTC, please go to http://www.blackhawk.edu/CollegeInformation/Accreditation.aspx
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- American Culinary Federation
- American Refrigeration Institute/Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation/American Dental Association
- Department of Justice
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Automotive Technicians’ Education Foundation (NATEF)
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- WI Department of Health Services