Things You Need to Know

Change of Name, Address and Phone Number

It is important that students update their personal information (i.e. name, address, and/or phone number). BTC needs to have up-to-date information on file in the event of illness, emergency, the mailing of grade reports, etc. Students can change this information by selecting the "About Me" link located on the MyBTC homepage. Forms are available in Student Services or on the BTC records and registration website.

Changes/Verifying Program of Record

If students' goals and needs change and a program no longer meets their objective, students can change their program. Students are required to meet with a Program Advisor when selecting a different program. During this meeting, a new academic plan will be created and new program requirements are discussed. Students making more than two program changes are required to meet with a Program Advisor and complete a career assessment. Once the career assessment has been completed, the student will have a follow up appointment with a Program Advisor to discuss those results and a program change will be made as appropriate.

Accuracy of a student's program of record is important. Not only can this affect financial aid eligibility, but it could also affect program completion and permanent student records.  Students can verify their program of record through MyBTC or by contacting the Enrollment Services.

Course and Program Wait Lists

A program waitlist may be established when there are more applicants than there are spaces available in a particular program. If your name is placed on a waitlist, you will be notified by the Enrollment Services Office. At that time, you can choose to remain on the waitlist or withdraw your application. When a spot in the program opens, the Enrollment Services Office will contact you. 


Student insurance programs are available on an individual basis for interested students. Brochures describing the coverage are inserted in the registration materials, which each student receives prior to the beginning of the school term. Students desiring further information may contact Student Services Office on Central Campus.