Short-Term Technical Diploma
There is a strong demand for professional truck drivers, and this program can help students prepare for an exciting career on the road. Professional Truck Drivers are responsible for the safe, efficient delivery of goods between locations. In this program, students will spend many hours behind the wheel learning how to maneuver trucks into tight parking spaces, through narrow alleys and up to loading platforms. Students develop backing and driving skills through classroom, lab, range and roadway experiences. Students also examine the necessary communication with fellow drivers, dispatchers, shippers, mechanics and law enforcement personnel. In addition, students learn how to complete the necessary paperwork and appropriate inspections. As a result of this program, students will have the skills needed to earn your Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) and start a career as a Professional Truck Driver.
- Drive a commercial vehicle safely.
- Inspect the vehicle to ensure safety of operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a commercial vehicle in the United States.
- Complete appropriate paperwork correctly.
- Demonstrate ability to plan trips and routes including managing loads and weight distribution.
- Communicate effectively with peers, customers and supervisors.
- Obtain a commercial driver's license.
- Demonstrate knowledge of securing a commercial vehicle.
- Demonstrate proper safety and wellness behaviors expected by employers and the industry.
Graduates Have Found Employment As:
- Company Driver/Owner Operator
- Driver Manager
- Driver Mentor
- Local/Regional/Long Distance Driver
- LTL/Truckload Carriers
- Recruiting Specialist