Medical Administrative Specialist
The Medical Administrative Specialist Associate Degree program provides educational opportunities for those interested in working in a variety of health care office settings including medical office, clinic, hospitals, public health departments, insurance companies, and medical product manufacturers. Medical Administrative Specialist students receive specialized training in medical ethics, records management, office procedures, medical terminology, human anatomy, health insurance, medical billing, medical transcription, coding, and MS Office Suite software.
- Demonstrate the medical legal aspects of health care office practices including confidentiality of health records, release of information, patient’s rights, health records as legal evidence, informed consent, malpractice, agency, physician and employee liability.
- Produce quality medical documents.
- Use medical terminology and knowledge of the human body systems in performing essential functions in business health care setting.
- Perform financial practices through analysis of payer data and reimbursement methods.
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare setting.
- Perform routine healthcare administrative procedures
|501-107||Digital Literacy for Health Care||2|
|509-101||Medical Assistant Admin Procedures||2|
|509-102||Human Body in Health & Disease||3|
|Mathematical Reasoning |
or Intermediate Algebra with Applications
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|509-111||Pharmacology for Allied Health||2|
|509-107||Med Office Insurance and Finance||2|
|509-109||Medical Law, Ethics and Professionalism||2|
|102-148||Introduction to Business and Management||3|
|809-196||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|106-144||Meeting and Event Planning||2|
|106-127||Administrative Office Communications||3|
|160-105||Medical Editing and the Electronic Medical Record||3|
|160-114||Healthcare Records Management||3|
|160-124||Supervised Occupational Experience-Medical Office||1|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|106-142||Customer Service Essentials||1|
|102-155||Introduction to Project Management||3|
General Education Courses Within Program
|804-123||Math with Business Applications||3|
|806-194||Survey of Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|809-172||Introduction to Diversity Studies||3|
|809-199||Psychology of Human Relations||3|