One-Year Technical Diploma
The Dental Assistant Program prepares graduates to work with dentists as they examine and treat patients. Dental Assistants with documented skills will carry out a variety of laboratory, clinical and office duties. Some dental assistants manage the office and are responsible for patient scheduling and bookkeeping functions. Graduates receive a technical diploma and are eligible to write the certification examination of the Dental Assisting National Board.
Most dental assistants work in general or specialized dental offices, either for individual dentists or for groups of dentists. Some dental assistants may choose to work for insurance companies, dental laboratories, or dental supply companies. The dental assistant also may find employment with federal agencies such as the Veteran’s Administration, States Public Health Services, the Armed Forces, or a state, county or city health facility.
Prior to enrolling in the Dental Assistant program (508) courses, students must complete an online criminal background check. There is an additional fee associated with the background check process.
- Perform a variety of advanced supportive dental procedures.
- Manage infection and hazard control.
- Produce diagnostic intraoral and extraoral radiographs on a variety of patients.
- Perform advanced dental laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors, ethics, and appearance.
- Perform dental office business procedures.
Graduates Have Found Employment As
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Office Manager
- Dental Practice Manager
- Dental Lab Technician
- Dental Insurance Claims Processor
- Dental Sales Representative
- Dental Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Specialty Assistant
View the entire course listing.
|508-101||Dental Health Safety||1|
|508-304||Dental & General Anatomy||2|
|508-306||Dental Assistant Clinical||3|
|508-307||Dental Assistant Professionalism||1|
|508-120||Dental Office Management||2|
|508-308||Dental Chairside Advanced||5|
|508-309||Dental Laboratory Procedures||4|
|508-310||Dental Radiography - Advanced||1|
|508-311||Dental Assistant Clinical Advanced||2|
General Education Courses Within Program