Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Nutrition and Dietetic Technician program is a shared program with Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC). Classes may be offered in a hybrid or online setting to link instruction from both Blackhawk and MATC. In some cases, students may be asked to attend classes outside of their current district.
This program prepares students for work in healthcare and foodservice management teams. Nutrition and dietetic technicians can work under the supervision of a registered dietitian nutritionist when providing direct client care, or they may work independently when providing general nutrition education to healthy populations.
- Integrate scientific information and translate research into practice
- Practice beliefs, values, attitudes, and behaviors for the professional nutrition and dietetics technician level of practice
- Develop information, products, and services for individuals, groups, and populations
- Deliver information, products, and services to individuals, groups, and populations
- Apply principles of management and systems in the provision of services to individuals and organizations