Types of Financial Aid

There are four basic types of financial aid available for Blackhawk students:

The type of financial aid provided will differ for each student because the aid package is designed specifically for the student's individual needs and circumstances. A single type of financial aid rarely meets all educational expenses. Therefore, financial assistance generally comes in the form of a combination of financial aid. Students are encouraged to learn more about the different financial aid options by clicking on the links above. 

In addition, there is assistance available to veterans and members of the military. See the Veterans and Military Benefits section for more information, call (608) 757-7664, or visit https://blackhawk.edu/Paying-for-College/Veterans-Benefits.

Disbursement of Financial Aid

All financial aid is disbursed through the Accounting Office. If the combination of grants and loans exceeds tuition and fees, a refund will be issued to you. For dates of refunds, visit the college calendar on the website.

Book Charge Information

Bookstore charges allow a student to charge their books to their excess financial aid at the BTC Bookstore. Bookstore charges are available from one week before the first day of each semester. For more information on bookstore charges please go to https://www.blackhawk.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid.

Return of Title IV Financial Aid

Federal Law states that if you receive Federal Financial Aid and withdraw, drop-out, stop attending or receive failing grades in your classes, you may have to return some Federal Aid that you received. Failure to attend classes may require you to repay 100% of all the aid you received for the classes you did not attend. To view the Return of Title IV policy for Blackhawk Technical College please go to https://www.blackhawk.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students receiving financial aid must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward the completion of course requirements. To view the SAP policy for Blackhawk Technical College, please go to https://www.blackhawk.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid.

Helpful Websites