Associate Degrees

Associate of Applied Science Degree

The Associate of Applied Science Degree programs provide day and evening educational opportunities to assist individuals preparing for or advancing in a particular occupation or field. These two-year career degree programs typically require 60-70 total credits to complete with 70% of those credits reflecting technical study course work and the remaining 30% in general education. These degrees can be successfully completed within approximately two years for full-time students and will vary for students pursuing on a part-time schedule.

Many of the general education courses and some occupational credits earned in an applied associate degree program may transfer to a two- or four-year institution of higher education. Students interested in transferring credits should review Blackhawk's current transfer agreements at

University Transfer Degrees

Blackhawk’s two-year associate programs are designed for students interested in earning a bachelor’s degree. Take your general education courses at Blackhawk and save time and money on your education before you transfer to a four-year college or university. These programs are particularly advantageous for students who wish to save on tuition costs during their initial years of study or who want to explore various academic disciplines before committing to a specific major. Both the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Science programs require 60 credits, including elective courses that allow you to select classes that appeal to your future career plans.

Learn more: