Standard Tuition and Fees
All programs are subject to a uniform fee per credit established by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board and the state legislature. The rate is subject to change. Certain unique courses and programs are exempt from program fees.
The Wisconsin tuition rate is $143.45 per credit hour (please note: other fees may apply to this amount). The out-of-state tuition rate is $215.18 per credit hour.
For a complete listing of costs, please see the program cost sheet (https://www.blackhawk.edu/Paying-for-College/Tuition-Fees/Cost-by- Program/).
Students can pay their tuition and fees using one of the four methods below:
- Pay in Full: Pay the full amount of tuition and fees by cash, check, MasterCard, VISA, or Discover at the time of registration.
- Tuition Payment Plan available using TouchNet (available in the MyBTC student portal):
- All payment plans require a non-refundable service charge. Students will be billed for outstanding balances via TouchNet. If payments are not made, a hold will be placed on the student's account. Such holds will impact a student's ability to register, get ofﬁcial transcripts, diplomas, or access to learning resources until they are resolved.
- Financial Aid: In order to be eligible for federal or state ﬁnancial aid, students must complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once the student has received their ﬁnancial aid Award Letter from Blackhawk, they can defer payment of their tuition and fees. Their outstanding balance will be paid as the ﬁnancial aid is received. If ﬁnancial aid does not cover the entire balance due, the student will be responsible for payment of the balance due.
- Agency/Employer Funding: If written authorization from an agency or employer is on ﬁle, the student will be able to defer payment of tuition and fees. The agency/employer will be billed for the authorized costs. If the funding does not cover the entire amount of tuition and fees, the student will be responsible for paying the remaining balance.
Collection Issues: If you are late paying the outstanding balance, a hold will be placed on your account. You will not receive ofﬁcial transcripts or diplomas, and will not be allowed to register for additional classes until all balances are paid. Starting thirty-one (31) days into the semester, a 30-day notice and possibly a 60-day notice will be sent to remind you of an outstanding balance. Failure to make payment after receiving the notiﬁcation(s) will result in a late charge of $25.00 being assessed to your account. In addition to the late charge, your account will be referred to a collection agency or for legal action. In an effort to receive payment, the collection agency will be authorized to notify the State of Wisconsin’s Tax Refund Intercept Program.
Students who do not reside in Wisconsin and enroll in a program that is not covered under one of Blackhawk’s reciprocity agreements will pay tuition and fees at a higher rate. A limited number of waivers may be granted. Paperwork for waivers is available in Student Services. Visit our website for more information on out-of-state tuition and fees (https:// www.blackhawk.edu/Paying-for-College/Tuition-Fees/).