Short-Term Technical Diploma
Nursing Assistants (NA), sometimes called Nurse Aides are in high demand to assist in the care of patients in extended care facilities, home care situations, and hospitals. Working under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, their responsibilities may vary, but personal care and emotional support of patients are always primary considerations. This 90-hour course involves lectures, campus lab experiences, and a clinical practicum, which involves working in healthcare agencies with patients and residents. Students must be at least 16 years old to attend clinical practicum. Students who are in high school should work with their school district to apply for the class through the Start College Now program or contract options. Those who successfully complete this course are eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam to become a part of the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry as a CNA/HHA. The cost for this testing is not included in course fees and tuition.
- Communicates effectively with clients, family, and co-workers
- Protect rights of clients
- Demonstrates ethical and legal responsibilities
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- Provide holistic, safe care to diverse populations
- Demonstrate reporting and documentation
- Assist clients with rehabilitation and restorative care
- Provide safe care with acute and chronic health conditions
- Complete educational requirements for WI NA competency evaluation
View the entire course listing.
|543-200||Nursing Assistant Limited-Term||2|