Veterans and Military Benefits

Federal Department of Veterans Affairs

A variety of programs are available if you have served in the military or are in the Reserves or National Guard. Dependents of disabled or deceased veterans may be eligible for benefits also. Military spouses may also be eligible for education benefits. For the latest information about Veterans education benefits through the Federal Department of Veteran Affairs (i.e. Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9/11 Bill), go to or call (888) 442-4551.

Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs

State programs in the form of tuition and fee reimbursement may be available for Wisconsin veterans. National Guard members may be eligible for the National Guard Tuition Grant. For more information about Wisconsin Veteran education benefits, go to or call Rock County Veteran Service Office at (608) 757-5552 or Green County Veteran Service Office at (608) 328-9415.

Veteran Benefits at Blackhawk Technical College

Once you have determined you are eligible to receive veteran education benefits and you would like to use them at Blackhawk Technical College, you must:

  • Notify the College VA Certifying Official of the benefits you are eligible to receive and your intent to use them at Blackhawk
  • Be accepted into and attending courses in a program approved for veteran benefits
  • Be taking courses within your degree requirement
  • Maintain academic progress within your program of study
  • If you are in an academic program with flex courses, promptly notify the College VA Certifying Official of your first date and last date of attendance in each course upon completion.
  • Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments. Read more at

For more information call (608) 757-7664.