Two-Year Technical Diploma
Automotive Service Technicians diagnose and repair performance problems in cars. They also perform factory recommended maintenance procedures on new cars and trucks. The Blackhawk Technical College Automotive Technician Program is an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certified two-year program aimed at preparing the student for passing ASE exams as the requisite professional experience is obtained. The program is designed to increase knowledge and skills in the areas of diagnostic testing, use of hand and machine tools, automotive parts, service references, computerized equipment and other technical equipment on ever more complex automobiles. Students are taught through practical shop and classroom experiences.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the auto service industry.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive internal combustion engines.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive automatic transmission/transaxle systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive manual drive train and axles systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive steering and suspension systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive brake systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive electrical/electronic systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive engine performance systems.
Graduates Have Found Employment As
- Automotive Line Technician
- Automotive Specialty Technician
- Diagnostic Technician
- Service Manager
- Parts Manager
- Automotive Equipment and Part Sales
- Automotive Business Owner/Manager
View the entire course listing.
|404-650||Service Fundamentals 1||1|
|404-651||Service Fundamentals 2||1|
|404-652||Brake Service 1||1|
|404-653||Brake Service 2||1|
|404-654||Brake Service 3||1|
|404-655||Brake Service 4||1|
|404-656||Steering & Suspension 1||1|
|404-657||Steering & Suspension 2||1|
|404-658||Steering & Suspension 3||1|
|404-659||Steering & Suspension 4||1|
|404-660||Auto Machine Shop||1|
|404-662||Engine Repair 1||1|
|404-664||Engine Repair 2||1|
|404-665||Engine Repair 3||1|
|404-666||Engine Repair 4||1|
|404-667||Drive Train Service 1||1|
|404-668||Drive Train Service 2||1|
|404-669||Drive Train Service 3||1|
|404-670||Heating & Air Conditioning Service 1||1|
|404-671||Heating & Air Conditioning Service 2||1|
|404-672||Heating & Air Conditioning Service 3||1|
|404-673||Heating & Air Conditioning Service 4||1|
|404-674||ASE Certification Review||1|
|404-675||Electrical Service 1||1|
|404-676||Electrical Service 2||1|
|404-677||Electrical Service 3||1|
|404-678||Electrical Service 4||1|
|404-679||Electronic Engine Control Fundamentals 1||1|
|404-680||Electronic Engine Control Fundamentals 2||1|
|404-681||Electronic Engine Control Fundamentals 3||1|
|404-682||Electronic Engine Control Fundamentals 4||1|
|404-683||Electronic Engine Control Diagnosis 1||1|
|404-684||Electronic Engine Control Diagnosis 2||1|
|404-685||Emission Control Service and Certification||1|
|404-686||Computerized Fuel Systems Service 1||1|
|404-687||Computerized Fuel Systems Service 2||1|
|404-688||Engine Performance Diagnosis 1||1|
|404-689||Engine Performance Diagnosis 2||1|
|404-690||Engine Performance Diagnosis 3||1|
|404-691||Engine Performance Diagnosis 4||1|
|404-696||Electric Vehicle Safety||1|
|404-697||Electric Vehicle Circuits & Systems||1|
|404-692||Drive Train/Transaxle Service 1||1|
|404-693||Drive Train/Transaxle Service 2||1|
|404-695||Customer Service Fundamentals||2|
General Education Courses Within Program