Blackhawk Technical College welcomes international students and is authorized to issue I-20s for students attending under F-I visas and M-1 visas. Blackhawk is not authorized to issue I-20s to students for the study of the English language.
International students are not considered Wisconsin residents and are required to pay out-of-state tuition. Requirements for admission include:
- Blackhawk Admissions Application (paper form, not online).
- TOEFL score of 500 (paper version), 173 (computer version) or 61 (Internet-based version) or better. If English is the native language in the applicant's home country, no proof of proficiency is required.
- Secondary and post-secondary transcripts must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service (such as WES, NACES, or ECE).
- Financial support verification.
- A non-refundable application fee and a refundable deposit toward tuition for the program in which the student seeks to enroll.
- Students wishing to transfer - verification of good academic standing (Grades of C or better and a GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Satisfactory placement test upon arrival at Blackhawk- Next-Generation Accuplacer or ACT.
Issuance of an I-20 is contingent upon meeting all admission requirements.
Please review the International Student Packet.
For additional information, contact the Student Enrollment Manager at (608) 743-4463.