Short-Term Technical Diploma
Farming is a technology driven business, with continually evolving management practices and an ongoing need for unbiased and focused educational resources. Farm Business and Production Management is designed to deliver on these needs. Enrollment is open to any individual actively engaged in or about to enter farming including: farm owners, operators, managers, and farm/agribusiness employees. Enrollees should plan to attend regularly scheduled group instruction, as well as allow time for individual on-site instruction.
This Program is offered at the Monroe Campus.
- Complete financial and production records necessary for business operation.
- Develop and implement a soil management plan.
- Apply appropriate cropping practices.
- Develop and apply an appropriate livestock nutrient plan.
- Implement an effective livestock management plan.
- Operate tools and equipment needed in farm business operation.
- Develop a farm business management plan.
Graduates Have Found Employment As
- Farm Owner
- Farm Manager
- Farm Cropping Specialist
- Farm Nutrient Manager
- Milking Technician
- Farm Reproductive Specialist
- Farm Record Keeper
- Farm Business Manager
View the entire course listing.
|090-382||Soils Management for Farm Operators||3|
|090-383||Crop Management for Farm Operators||3|
|090-384||Livestock Nutrition for Farm Operators||3|
|090-303||Agricultural Commodity Marketing for Farm Operators||1|
|090-305||Nutrient Management Planning for Farm Operators||3|
|090-385||Livestock Management for Farm Operators||3|
|090-386||Records & Business Management for Farm Operators||3|