All steps must be completed to be accepted into Blackhawk.
Students complete a placement test and scores are used to determine appropriate course placement -- students cannot fail the placement test. Blackhawk offers the Next-Generation Accuplacer assessment for FREE. Students will need to bring a photo ID with them when they test. If a re-test is necessary, a fee must be paid and a receipt must be presented prior to taking a test. Note: Blackhawk also accepts ACT/SAT scores to be used for course placement.
Next-Generation Accuplacer is an untimed assessment taken on a computer that measures skills in reading, language usage, and numerical skills. Testing accommodations are available in the Student Success Center by calling (608) 743-4422, deaf/hh call Relay 711.
Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Retest Policy
Retesting is an option if students believe their scores do not accurately reflect their abilities and skill levels.
- After reviewing the admission test scores, students may retest in each area once using Next-Generation ACCUPLACER.
- Students who have completed Next-Generation ACCUPLACER as part of the admission process MUST wait 48 hours after their first Next-Generation ACCUPLACER exam before retesting.
- There is a fee to re-test. For information contact the Testing Center at (608) 757-7666.
Health Science Assessments
The programs listed below have additional assessment requirements for clinical readiness. Please see an Academic Advisor for program/clinical-ready requirements.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
Make-up testing is a service provided for students who have been absent and are being allowed to complete an exam per the course instructor. A valid photo ID is required for all testing (i.e. state ID, driver's license, passport, student ID, other IDs approved by testing staff).